In 2001, I became homeless after an abusive relationship and lived in a tent for several months, and also on a friend’s farm in the weaving shed in the sheep field. They had a Labyrinth on the land which I walked often, enjoying the connection with Earth and Spirit. Thus, Turtle became a totem, indicating that I always carry Home on my back, and the Turtle ended up with a stylized Labyrinth in her shell.
- Blue Jay is about the connection between Earth and Sky and Spirit. It also reminds me that being a Jill-of-all-trades is ok as long as I don’t pose as a Master.
- Turkey Vulture speaks to me of change, of gentle healing and that I can still find light in the dark times.
- Barred Owl is about hearing what isn’t spoken and seeing what isn’t necessarily visible.
- Heron reminds me that I can walk my own path that is right for me.
- Red-Tailed hawk is my protector, my truth-sayer.
- Crow and Raven are about magickal manifestation, of creating what I want and need in my life. They are also about mischief and wonder.
- Turkey reminds me to accept nurturing even as I give it.
- Deer tells me that I am on the right path, and to use my senses.
- Spider weaves the web of creativity and community connections.